Mongoose – the 9 DOF IMU with barometric sensor, and lots of other cool features – is almost ready for launch!!
We based our design on the popular Sparkfun Razor, updated the magnetometer, added a barometric pressure sensor, and improved utility and usability with a few other design features.
We’ve also taken the AHRS firmware written by Jordi Munoz and updated it to support the new gyro, magnetometer and the addition of the barometric pressure sensor. Also, we have a Windows GUI for showing all the sensor data as well as attitude and heading in real time.
- ADXL345 – triple axis accelerometer (I2C)
- ITG-3200 – triple axis gyro (I2C)
- HMC5883L – triple axis magnetometer (I2C)
- BMP085 – barometric pressure sensor/temp sensor (I2C)
Some of the features:
- Complete inertial measurement system measures linear acceleration, angular velocity, and magnetic heading
- Calculate altitude using the barometer
- Temperature sensors built into the barometer and gyro
- All sensor data is processed by the onboard Atmega328P and output to your computer or micro over the serial port
- Preloaded with Arduino bootloader (select “Arduino Pro or Pro mini (3.3V, 8MHz) w/ Atmega328”)
- All headers and mounting holes are on a 0.1″ grid to allow mounting to a protoshield or standard perf board
- 9 user IO pins brought out to header. Add buttons, LEDs, servos, GPS…
- I2C header for debugging or adding additional I2C sensors
- On board power and status LEDs
- On board 3.3v regulator allows powering from a single Lipo battery
- small 1.6″ x 1.1″
We have the first batch assembled and tested. I’ll post a link when we get the store turned on.